Unveiling Caribe Royale Orlando’s New Palms Ballroom
Central Florida’s largest all-suite convention hotel just got even bigger. This month, we are proud to unveil our stunning all-new 50,000-sq.-ft. Palms Ballroom. The Caribe Royale’s newest meeting venue brings our total meeting space to 220,000 square feet, and complements three other flexible ballrooms, 54 spacious breakout rooms, three executive boardrooms, 120 fully renovated villas suited for small breakout sessions, and poolside venues. All meeting rooms offer an in-house audio-visual provider and both hard-wired and wireless internet connections.
To complement this elegant new space, we are leveling up our culinary offerings as well. Executive Chef David Hackett joined the resort as executive chef in 2020, and he’s hard at work on a complete reimagination of banquet menus, with creative, exciting new offerings to delight meeting planners and their guests. Chef Hackett inaugurated our new Palms Ballroom this month, crafting a spring-perfect Crab Cannoli Salad that will be part of our new banquet menu.
Watch the video and learn how to make this exciting dish for your family at home!WATCH VIDEO
Savory Citrus Lump Crab Cannoli Salad | yields 6
1 can – Blue Lump Crab Meat (drained well, squeeze well)
1/4 cup – Celery finely diced
2 Tbl – Green Onions finely sliced
1/4 cup – English Cucumber w/o seeds finely diced
2 Tbl – Jalapeno finely diced
1 Tbl– Cilantro finely chopped
½ tsp – Orange Zest
½ tsp – Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp – Dijon Mustard
½ cup – Mayonnaise
2 Tbl – Sour Cream
6ea. – 3 ½” dia. Crepe or Four Tortilla
As needed – Caviar for Garnish
Crepe or Flour Tortilla “Cannoli” Tubes
- Cut the crepe or flour tortilla into a 3” to 4” diameter using circle cutter
- Wrap the crepe or flour tortilla around a 1” to 1 ½” wooden doll
- Using a pair of tongs or butchers’ twine to hold the seam together, fry until golden brown, place on a paper towel to allow the excess grease to drain.
- Fill the tortilla or Crispy Crepe Cannoli shell with the Citrus Lump Crab Salad
- Dip the ends in Caviar or toasted fennel seeds or chives etc.
- Serve with vine ripe tomato, lettuce bouquet, cucumber cylinders and champagne vinaigrette